Our people are by far our greatest asset. We know that happy staff make for happy clients, and that is why enjoyment is at the forefront of every working day here. The environment we offer our staff is warm, welcoming and fun. The work is stimulating, challenging and plentiful!
We stretch our staff and encourage them to be the best they can be. We reward performance without hesitation. We recognise that each and every member of our team needs to be engaged and we rely on their collaboration to ensure the delivery of excellent client service.
Our retention record is very high and a significant number of staff have been with us for many years. A number of our current team joined in administrative roles and, having shown potential, were encouraged to obtain legal qualifications and now perform fee earning roles for the firm.
Our aim is that our staff, at all levels, enjoy working for us, feel an integral part of the team, like the work they do and, ultimately, remain committed to a long term career at Bonnetts.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com and our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
Our Ascot office has a fantastic opportunity for a Litigation Solicitor to join the Dispute Resolution team.
This is a great opportunity for a pragmatic individual who has broad knowledge and expertise in commercial and property litigation matters and who is confident when dealing with clients from modest SMEs to nationally recognised corporations across a range of industry sectors.
To be successful you must be comfortable practising independently, managing your own caseload and able to:
- provide professional, timely, pragmatic and, most importantly, accurate advice on a broad range of medium to high value disputes;
- have the experience and confidence to prepare all documents (Court forms, statements of case, witness statement etc..) required in fully contested court or tribunal proceedings including pre-action correspondence;
- deal with contentious property matters including:
- Commercial and residential lease renewals and/or enfranchisement or right to manage.
- Commercial and residential lease disputes including forfeiture and breaches involving unauthorised use, excessive noise, building/alterations without consent, rent and service charge arrears.
- Disputes with owners of neighbouring properties over boundaries, trespass, rights of way and nuisance.
- The termination of leases including dilapidations claims and possession.
- Property related professional negligence including defective building work and substandard professional advice.
- provide general support work for the firm’s other departments; Commercial Property, Residential Conveyancing, Wills and Probate and Corporate law.
- The successful candidate will also be comfortable and willing to participate in the growth and future development of the Dispute Resolution Department including:
- Preparing material for, and speaking publicly at, seminars and workshops.
- writing articles, blogs, and posts on websites and social media platforms to promote the Department’s expertise.
- Attending networking and other client events.
- Generally being involved in growing the client base and marketing the Bonnetts’ branded services (and property litigation work in particular) with existing and prospective clients and network of referrers and contacts.
- At least 3 years’ PQE.
- A technically strong litigator who enjoys working on a wide range of commercial disputes but will need to be strong in property litigation.
- Possesses excellent commercial awareness skills.
- Has excellent professional approach together with good client care handling skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Enjoys working autonomously with minimum supervision and being part of a team assisting colleagues with their cases where required.
- Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Prepared to go the extra mile for the client and the company to help us achieve our and your goals.
We offer good prospects and career development with a competitive salary depending on background and level of experience.
We also have a bonus scheme to generously reward over target performance.
Regular travel between our offices in Ascot and Whitton will be expected, as well as attending court or meetings at our clients’ places of business, so own transport is preferred.
39-51 High Street, Ascot,
Tel: 01344 623388
Fax: 01344 874339
34-36 High Street
Tel: 020 8898 2022
Fax: 020 8898 9169
Established in 1929, our firm has built its reputation on providing clear, no- nonsense advice at an affordable price. We act for locally and nationally based clients in the context of both personal and business law.