Our people are by far our greatest asset. We know that happy staff make for happy clients, and that is why enjoyment is at the forefront of every working day here. The environment we offer our staff is warm, welcoming and fun. The work is stimulating, challenging and plentiful!
We stretch our staff and encourage them to be the best they can be. We reward performance without hesitation. We recognise that each and every member of our team needs to be engaged and we rely on their collaboration to ensure the delivery of excellent client service.
Our retention record is very high and a significant number of staff have been with us for many years. A number of our current team joined in administrative roles and, having shown potential, were encouraged to obtain legal qualifications and now perform fee earning roles for the firm.
Our aim is that our staff, at all levels, enjoy working for us, feel an integral part of the team, like the work they do and, ultimately, remain committed to a long term career at Bonnetts.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com and our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
Residential Property Solicitor
Due to continued growth, our Whitton office has an exciting opportunity for a Residential Property Solicitor with at least 3 years’ PQE. He/she will be confident managing a complex caseload and have excellent client care and communication skills across all levels. The successful candidate will be comfortable practising independently and able to demonstrate the talent to:-
- Provide professional and competent legal advice and services in accordance with the SRA Code of Conduct and Conveyancing Quality Scheme
- Manage a range of property matters from initial instruction through to matter conclusion
- Run a diverse caseload including both freehold and leasehold, conveyancing sales and purchases, mortgages and re-mortgages, transfers of equity, equity release, help to Buy ISA schemes, right to buy, shared ownership schemes, lease extensions and residential lettings for landlords and tenants, new build and plot sales
- Liaise effectively with clients, estate agents, commercial agents, mortgage lenders and solicitors by telephone, post, email or in person, as necessary, at every stage of the transaction
- Undertake any additional relevant tasks including dealing with pre-exchange of contract work, title reports, searches, raising enquiries, etc.
- Manage post-exchange work and registrations, including completion statements
- Generate income in accordance with agreed targets
- Operate effectively within financial guidelines with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures
- Keep knowledge and skills up to date and to comply with all training requirements required by the position
- Work closely with other fee earners within the Business to achieve goals and objectives
- Maintain existing relationships with the Business’s clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers
- Participate in the growth and future development of the department, assisting in growing the client base and marketing the Business’s branded services
- Contribute to business development activity and networking events on behalf of the Business.
- At least 3 years PQE (no upper limit regarding amount of experience)
- Sound technical expertise across all aspects of conveyancing and the undertaking of fee earning work across predominately residential (both freehold and leasehold) matters
- Proven experience of handling a busy and diverse caseload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
The successful candidate will need to be a team player who will fit into a very busy practise as well as possess strong client care credentials and be able to hit the ground running managing their own busy caseload. On occasions there may be a requirement to travel to our Ascot office so a willingness to travel between both offices is essential.
He/she will be joining a respected legal team where you will have the opportunity to further develop your career in a fast-paced, friendly and dynamic working environment.
Based: Ascot, Berkshire
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Paralegal to join our Commercial Property team based in Ascot, Berkshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious paralegal with a passion for Commercial Property who is comfortable working independently but with guidance and supervision on certain fee earning activities. The successful candidate will assist the fee earners meet the needs of their existing client base ranging from SME’s to nationally recognised high-profile organisations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking instructions (including via digital dictation) from Fee Earners on a range of transactions
- Taking initial enquiries from potential clients and providing them with quotes for our costs
- Opening files including carrying out the AML checks on clients and issuing the initial correspondence to all parties
- Dealing with clients, agents, lenders and solicitors throughout each transaction
- Producing first drafts of contracts, transfer deeds and leases
- Submitting Searches and interpreting the results
- Type letters / documents / emails via digital dictation
- Handling post exchange work and completion work on files including applying for redemption statements and mortgage funds
- Preparing and submitting SDLT Returns
- Preparing applications to the Land Registry
- Preparing Completion Statements and invoices for clients
- Undertaking pre-completion checks on files in readiness for completion
- Assisting fee earners with file closing and dealing with credit and debits balances on ledgers
- Ensuring that client matter files are kept up to date with correspondence and documents
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required to assist the Fee Earners
- Some property experience would be useful
- Accurate, computer skills including the use of Word; previous experience of working with case management systems would be advantageous
- Experience of using the Land Registry portal and SDLT online
- Able to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly and to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible and organised approach so can adapt to meeting deadlines
- File management skills
- Diarising key dates/actions is vital and ensuring they are followed up to satisfactory completion of the date/action
- Ability to demonstrate and implement initiative when working on files
- Excellent internal personal and communication skills, primarily using the telephone
- Enthusiasm and a positive “can do” attitude, with a willingness to continued learning and development
- The LPC qualification or CILEx would be an advantage but is not essential
The successful candidate will be joining a respected legal team where he/she will have the opportunity to further develop his/her career with the possibility of a training contract after at least 12 months’ continuous service within a friendly working environment.
If interested in this role, please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining what attracts you to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Accounts Assistant
Our Whitton office has a vacancy for a full-time office-based Accounts Assistant to join the busy Accounts department. Our office is in the centre of Whitton High Street and easily accessible by car or public transport.
Main responsibilities will include:-
- Weekly reconciliation of the Firm’s office bank account including the processing of all direct debits/standing orders
- Input of all purchase invoices
- Process payment and reconciliation of supplier accounts and deal with any queries
- Assist with accounts enquiries from clients, suppliers and staff
- Responsible for implementing the Firm’s Credit Credit Control system, including:
- On a monthly basis issue details of all outstanding bills to fee earners
- Send out reminder letters for all unpaid overdue bills
- Follow up on all reminder letters until resolution/payment received
- Build up knowledge and an understanding of how the Firm’s Client Account is operated
- Build up an understanding of how the Firm’s Case Management System works
- Provide cover for other members of the department during absences
- Previous accounts experience, including credit control, is required and previous experience of working in a professional organisation is preferred but not essential
- Excellent numeracy skills with an eye for accuracy and detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with computers particularly Excel
- Must enjoy working as part of a small team with a flexible, positive and willing attitude
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
39-51 High Street, Ascot,
Tel: 01344 623388
Fax: 01344 874339
34-36 High Street
Tel: 020 8898 2022
Fax: 020 8898 9169
Established in 1929, our firm has built its reputation on providing clear, no- nonsense advice at an affordable price. We act for locally and nationally based clients in the context of both personal and business law.