Our people are by far our greatest asset. We know that happy staff make for happy clients, and that is why enjoyment is at the forefront of every working day here. The environment we offer our staff is warm, welcoming and fun. The work is stimulating, challenging and plentiful!
We stretch our staff and encourage them to be the best they can be. We reward performance without hesitation. We recognise that each and every member of our team needs to be engaged and we rely on their collaboration to ensure the delivery of excellent client service.
Our retention record is very high and a significant number of staff have been with us for many years. A number of our current team joined in administrative roles and, having shown potential, were encouraged to obtain legal qualifications and now perform fee earning roles for the firm.
Our aim is that our staff, at all levels, enjoy working for us, feel an integral part of the team, like the work they do and, ultimately, remain committed to a long term career at Bonnetts.
If you are interested in joining us, please email your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and our recruitment team will be in touch shortly.
Corporate Commercial Solicitor
Our Ascot office has a new and exciting role for a Corporate Commercial Solicitor with a strong focus on business development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a pragmatic, energetic individual with well-rounded corporate commercial experience who has the ability, determination and vision to establish a department in the future. You will possess a broad range of skills and expertise and be happy to deal with clients ranging from modest SMEs to nationally recognised corporations.
To be successful you must be comfortable practising independently, managing your own caseload and able to commit to achieve the following:-
- establish, build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new clients as well as colleagues across the business
- provide professional, timely, pragmatic and, most importantly, accurate advice on a broad range of matters, including;
- drafting and negotiating Shareholders’ Agreements, General Partnerships/LLPS, Articles of Association, Joint Ventures, Share and Asset sales/purchases, Franchising and Restructuring deals and purchases retirement exit strategies;
- drafting and negotiating Commercial Contracts (including standard Terms and Conditions) for all types of goods and services businesses;
- dealing with all aspects of Management buy-in (and buy-outs) transactions;
- provide general corporate support work for the firm’s other departments; Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution and Employment in particular;
- research, review and analyse cases and problem solve where risk issues arise;
- prepare all documentation tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- attend and represent the Firm at client meetings and marketing events.
- at least 5 years PQE (no upper limit regarding amount of experience) essential
- possess excellent commercial awareness skills
- able to communicate effectively at all levels and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Proven business development to meet the needs of our existing client base as well as new referrals to develop high quality work even further
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the capability to create a new department; you will have the autonomy to bring your business development skills to the fore but also part of a supportive, friendly and dynamic practice. We offer good prospects and career development with a competitive salary offered depending on background and level of experience.
Please apply directly to: email@example.com
Commercial Property Solicitor
Our Ascot office is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Commercial Property Solicitor to join our existing team. The successful candidate will be comfortable practising independently and able to demonstrate the talent to:-
- Run a diverse caseload
- Deal with all commercial property matters, to include drafting of Leases, Licenses and Transfers
- Draft complex Restriction clauses in Transfers;
- The purchase and sale of freehold and leasehold properties including the investigation of title of registered and unregistered land;
- Attend to post-completion matters, including adverse and/or first registration;
- Draft Deeds of Easements, Deeds of Assignments, Deeds of Gifts and Deeds of Release;
- Prepare all documentation tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- Research, review and analyse cases and problem solve where risk issues arise;
- Act on high-end residential property sales and purchases
- Maintain existing relationships with the firm’s clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers;
- Work closely with other fee earners within the firm to achieve the Firm’s goals and objectives
- Participate in the growth and future development of the department, assisting in growing the client base and marketing the Firm’s branded services;
- Attend and represent the Firm at client meetings and marketing events.
- at least 4 years PQE (no upper limit regarding amount of experience)
- proven experience of handling a diverse commercial property caseload
- able to communicate effectively at all levels and enjoy working as part of a team yet comfortable practising independently
Please apply directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I joined Bonnetts in January 2015 after spending the previous three and a half years in Stockholm. On joining, it was instantly apparent that Bonnetts is a dynamic and progressive law firm. I was impressed with calibre of transactions which the commercial property team were involved in. The team definitely punches above its weight in terms of its clients and quality of work. I am sure many larger firms would be envious of the clients we act for and the deals we have advised on. With support and encouragement from the Directors, I very quickly built up an interesting client base and have been delighted with the quality of the transactions I’ve worked on. My client base continues to grow and I have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of commercial property transactions which are interesting, challenging and complex. In addition, there is a fantastic mix of people at the firm which makes it a great place to work. There is a strong team ethos and everyone is approachable, supportive and committed. The firm relocated to new offices in Ascot in September 2017 which marks the start of a new and exciting era. I am looking forward to being part of this new chapter in Bonnetts’ history and contributing to its continued development and success.
With two years of experience, I joined Bonnetts in March 2016 as a Solicitor in the Wills, Trusts, Probate and Wealth Management Department and it has been the perfect firm to develop my career further. I have been exposed to high quality work, helping to increase my knowledge and enabling me to work on interesting matters for a range of clients.Due to the calibre of the work carried out by the Commercial Property Department, I regularly carry out Will planning for business owners and high net worth individuals. I’ve also been supported through my STEP (The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) qualification to become a full member. At Bonnetts, one is given responsibility to take on complex work but support is always there if one needs it and the team ethos is strong throughout the firm. They are a very forward thinking firm with a modern approach – they do not sit still, making it an exciting place to work. This is evident by the opening of the new Ascot office in September 2017 which has great facilities for clients and staff and is a brilliant place to work. I just can’t wait to see what Bonnetts have in store next as they continue to grow and I am delighted to be a part of it.
I joined Bonnetts as a receptionist with very limited knowledge of the law. I soon learned all I needed to with the help of the Directors and members of staff and, after a short period, I started working as a legal secretary within the residential and commercial departments. Working at Bonnetts has given me the opportunity to progress my career and to choose which direction I would like that to go in. The Directors always encourage and assist employees to reach their full potential, and as a result we flourish. I have been here for 13 years now and I would say that Bonnetts has become more of an extended family rather than just a place of work.
I joined Bonnetts in March 2010 as a ‘Work Experience Student’, which formed part of a compulsory school placement. My initial two week placement turned into a holiday job and I assisted with reception cover and various administration duties. I gained a lot of ‘hands on’ experience, supporting fee earners with their day-to-day case load and gaining a great understanding of what it was like to work ‘on the job’ compared to the theory I was learning in my studies. Bonnetts supported me through my time at college, university and my postgraduate diploma. I worked part time in both the Dispute Resolution and Private Client departments, moving from a secretarial role to a paralegal position. In September 2017, I joined fulltime as a Trainee Solicitor. My experience of working at Bonnetts has definitely assisted in helping to bridge the
gap between what they teach you at law school and everyday practice. The support and team spirit that I have experienced has made my journey that much easier. Having the ability to ask questions and raise concerns to my colleagues, safe in the knowledge that they will do all they can to help, is something that has been so important. Every day presents its own curve balls and it has definitely made my journey all the easier having the ability to ask what I perceive to be the ‘silly questions’.
I have worked for Bonnetts since I finished university, initially joining as a receptionist. I have worked across all departments as a legal assistant and as a trainee solicitor, giving me the opportunity to build my knowledge and confidence in a wide range of disciplines. I was delighted to join the Dispute Resolution department as a newly qualified solicitor. Working for Bonnetts is rewarding and the support and training I have received, across my many roles, has been second to none. Everyone I work with is approachable, keen to help and because they are experts in their field, I feel my professional development is in good hands. The whole firm works together as a team.
I joined the property team in September 2016, a little apprehensive as I had left a very large “city type” firm. I was pleasantly surprised as all the staff were so welcoming and supportive and before I knew it I was part of the Bonnetts family! There’s a great atmosphere in the office and everyone is helpful.
The Directors are very approachable and always available when you need to speak to them. My role within the company has progressed to Team Leader which was only achievable with the confidence and support of the Directors. Bonnetts have given me an great opportunity along with the work/life balance that I need with a young family
39-51 High Street, Ascot,
Tel: 01344 623388
Fax: 01344 874339
34-36 High Street
Tel: 020 8898 2022
Fax: 020 8898 9169
Established in 1929, our firm has built its reputation on providing clear, no- nonsense advice at an affordable price. We act for locally and nationally based clients in the context of both personal and business law.